BG Hospital “Old Age Home” in Pokhara
What is the relevance of BG Hospital “Old Age Home” in Pokhara?
Many factors have contributed to the alienation of the elders.
- Migration of young couples from the rural areas to cities in search of better employment opportunities to fend for themselves.
- Elders who have been in control of the household for a long time are unwilling to give up the responsibility to their children.
- Youngsters on their part are sometimes resentful of the attitude of their parents.
- Many youngsters have moved to places far away from their native homes and in the recent past to many countries abroad. So even if they want to they cannot accommodate their parents in their own homes.
- Elders are sometimes too incapacitated or unwell to look after themselves or get medical care especially in an emergency.